MSB 0.52% 96.5¢ mesoblast limited

Myokardia

1. 1,068 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    It's interesting to note that Myokardia has more than doubled to a $1.3bn MC over the last few days, [adding more than the MC of MSB to its' valuation] on the back of a 10 patient, Phase 2 trial, which has shown positive results in treating a disease which causes cardiac arrest.
    Forgetting commercial sustainability and all the other bear points interminably dragged out on MSB, it is salient to point out that the disease which MYOK are targeting, [obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy] enlarges heart muscles and blocks blood flow to the heart, often goes undetected, and occurs in only around 200,000 cases per year.
    As with MSB's recent Revascor trial for Class 3 CHF, the IDMC felt that the results for the MYOK therapy were sufficient to recommend continuation of the study.....cf the IDMC's decision in the MSB trial, based on evidence from more than 150 patients, which was greeted by total indifference by the market.
    Don't get me started on the comparison between the cGVHD product of Abbevie and aGVHD therapy of MSB....the $21bn Abbevie paid for Pharmacylics and its' Imbruvica therapy [now FDA approved] has already generated over $1bn in revenue in the first half year. Patently, there is a difference between acute and chronic GVHD but I continue to be bemused by the apathy re MSB. [Damn, I forgot, commercial sustainability!!]
    With the soon to be concluded Phase 3 trial on degenerative disc, I remain positive...yeah, I know, I sound like a broken record!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
96.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $1.101B
Open High Low Value Volume
96.5¢ 99.5¢ 96.0¢ $2.283M 2.340M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29300 96.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
97.0¢ 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.