AHI 0.00% 9.2¢ advanced health intelligence ltd

Amazon's Halo really does just look like the tip of the iceberg...

1. 598 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 119
    Amazon's Halo really does just look like the tip of the iceberg and seems to be wholly focused on the fitness side of the tech. It's also a B2C model focusing their attention directly at the customer. Whilst it may come at a really good price point they would be competing with the likes of Garmin, Fitbit, Apple Watch, Android Wear, etc. and so are JUST entering the market with a completely new product. It will be difficult market to penetrate as a newcomer.

MyFiziq's model is a completely different model. That is, B2B. They also offer far greater possibilities than just fitness. Instead of completing with other well-known brands, they're building a product to help already successful businesses mature their product offering. What I really liked about Vlado's video at the top of this post was that he offered some examples of B2B opportunities. These examples included:

• Health & Life Insurance (being able to accurately scan your body and offer the most competitive rate)
    • Retail (combats costs associated with the 40% of all online purchases, typically apparel, being returned)
    • Medical Consults (being able to offer better consults to patients over the phone and diagnose / offer treatment)
    • Corporate Wellness Programs (to ensure workforce is healthy and thus reduce time taken on sick leave, etc.)

Is the competition good? Yes, it means MyFiziq is on the right path and has resulted in other businesses coming to MyFiziq to integrate their tech into their own offering. Is amazon of major concern to MyFiziq? Not at all, they have an offering that I would consider immature by comparison, and target a completely different market.

This is at least my thinking. I welcome your feedback.
    Last edited by wellzi: 22/09/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AHI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.