MYR 1.81% 81.5¢ myer holdings limited

myr could have more bleeding if like tol, page-19

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    Yep, APJAPJ, and the AFR has some speculation- with all the poaching PMV has done from DJS, that Sol Lewy might be wanting MYR, or DJS, or indeed to set up his own super-retail store somehow with all the new stars he has bought.

A further reason MYR is being strashed is, according to the AFR, speculation that there might be an equity raising for MYR. If an equity raising did occur for MYR, I imagine it would be like BBG- a new lean machine, with less debt, and more capital to cope with a tough retail environment.

MYR is being utterly slammed- almost to the point where it should get a reverse speeding ticket, such is the relentless sell-down. Then MYR could clarify if it is going to raise capital... or it would probably say nothing, as per usual company response to the ASX. In the old days, MYR would have gone up in share price on the announcement of opening a new store- clearly not now!

At $1.54, MYR shows a 14% dividend + franking if one believes in the truth of those things. Looking forward, one would think that the dividend would be no less than 15c pa. Or, if the company did raise capital, they could really rubbish the dividend, I guess. BBG made their own dividend disappear! The other thing is that the MYR share price decline shows little sign of abating- the Ords are 20 points up and MYR is >3.5% down.

It is a shame they are trashing this one. DJS is till going along fine. Capital raising or Sol Lewy buyout? Cruel times for MYR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.