MYR 0.61% 82.0¢ myer holdings limited

Myr takeover bid of big corporate event is coming

1. 1,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 433
    In my humble speculative opinion, the recent two notices of ceasing substantial holders are a sign of takeover bid is coming or at least big corporate events. I favour takeover bid.

in a published research study by Agrawal and Nasser 2012, they found while insiders ( privileged meetings with management or because of their increased levels of monitoring and processing ability) in the US tend to decrease their purchases prior to a bid.
    changes in holdings due to private information can themselves contain information (Chakravarty 2001)

Keown and Pinkerton 1981 found that information leakages occur prior to merger announcements through trading. If a substantial holder has access to information about a future bid and details of the bid in particular the bid premium, their trades may also signal this information.

what the right hand sells, there is a left hand that buys.

Merger with the likes of David Jones could be on the card

Managerial shareholders change their trading behavior more than other substantial shareholders prior to a bid, that was quite evident by recent purchases by David Whittle on 5th of March. Obviously the size is not big due to firm monitoring and scrutiny but someone else could buy more.

the recent big trading volume last Friday is telling me that some financial institutions and other corporation shareholders trade to actively increase their holdings in pre-bid period

These are my speculative opinion based on published research, so please don’t take is as a financial advice

Soon we will find out
    current position is more than 1.5 million shares

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
82.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.61%)
Mkt cap ! $682.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
83.0¢ 83.0¢ 80.0¢ $829.3K 1.017M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 7006 81.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
82.5¢ 11143 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.