They are everywhere: Africa Gold Coast, Australia America +...

1. 6,165 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2345
    They are everywhere:
    Africa
    Gold Coast, Australia
    America

+

Daily in Christ 5/4

• 2018 May 04
    May 4

SATAN'S SHOW OF POWER

2 Timothy 1:7
    For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline

Once I counseled a former high priest of Satanism who desperately wanted to be free of the demonic powers who had ruled his life. But Satan was not about to let go of him without a fight. As I tried to talk to him, Harry ranted and raved and rolled around the office like a crazy man. The demons who controlled Harry were using his mind, his will, his muscles, and his emotions in a noisy display of resistance.

But I just sat still. I learned a long time ago that Satan's show of power is just another facet of his deception designed to provoke fear. He knows that if he can deceive us into being afraid of him, fear will control our lives instead of faith. Satan "prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour" (1 Peter 5:8). Why does a lion roar? To paralyze its prey with fear. Once its victim is immobilized by fear, the lion can easily subdue it and kill it.

But because of our position, authority, and protection in Christ, Satan can't touch us. If you cower in fear at Satan's show of power, then he has you on the defensive. But Peter instructed, "Resist him, firm in your faith" (1 Peter 5:9). Satan is defeated; believe it and stand up to him. When you do, he has no choice but to eventually back down.

As the devil roared at me through Harry, I began to read Scripture aloud and pray in a normal, controlled voice that the enemy would be bound in silence. After I had spent several minutes taking authority in Christ through prayer and reading Scripture, Harry fell flat on his stomach in front of me. "Lord Jesus, I need You!" he cried out. I led him in a prayer of commitment to Christ. And when Harry finally stood up, he was free. He embraced me with a childlike joy he had never experienced before.

The devil's bark is much bigger than his bite. Stand firm in the faith and resist him, and he will flee.

Prayer: Lord, help me be bold and not fearful in the face of Satan's attacks. I want to walk in freedom and help others find freedom as well.

+++++++++++++++++

Who I Am in Christ

If you are a Christian, then the statements below are true of you. If you are not a follower of Christ and would like to know more, click here…

I am accepted…
    John 1:12 I am God’s child.
    John 15:15 As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ.
    Romans 5:1 I have been justified.
    1 Corinthians 6:17 I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit.
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20 I have been bought with a price and I belong to God.
    1 Corinthians 12:27 I am a member of Christ’s body.
    Ephesians 1:3-8 I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.
    Colossians 1:13-14 I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
    Colossians 2:9-10 I am complete in Christ.
    Hebrews 4:14-16 I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ.

I am secure…
    Romans 8:1-2 I am free from condemnation.
    Romans 8:28 I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances.
    Romans 8:31-39 I am free from any condemnation brought against me and I cannot be separated from the love of God.
    2 Corinthians 1:21-22 I have been established, anointed and sealed by God.
    Colossians 3:1-4 I am hidden with Christ in God.
    Philippians 1:6 I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me.
    Philippians 3:20 I am a citizen of heaven.
    2 Timothy 1:7 I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.
    1 John 5:18 I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me.

I am significant…
    John 15:5 I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life.
    John 15:16 I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
    1 Corinthians 3:16 I am God’s temple.
    2 Corinthians 5:17-21 I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
    Ephesians 2:6 I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm.
    Ephesians 2:10 I am God’s workmanship.
    Ephesians 3:12 I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
    Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

+++++++++++++++++

How To Receive Christ

Statement of Faith

Who We Are

https://ficm.org/about-us/

+

Dr Neil Andersen
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_T._Anderson

Neil Anderson
    Dr. Neil T. Anderson is founder and president emeritus of Freedom in Christ Ministries.
    He was formerly chairman of the Practical Theology Department at Talbot School of Theology at Biola University in the USA.

He holds five degrees from Talbot, Pepperdine University and Arizona State University.

A former aerospace engineer, Dr. Anderson has 20 years of experience as a pastor and has written several best-selling books on living free in Christ. Freedom in Christ resources have now been translated into more than 30 languages.

Dr. Anderson has a place on the council of Freedom In Christ Ministries International and lives near Nashville, Tennessee, USA.

http://www.ficm.org.uk/prof/neil-anderson

(* i am not associated with FICM; have read many of Dr.Anderson's Biblical & practical & sound books)
    ~
    Last edited by Glyco: 07/05/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.