myths, page-16

1. 1,484 Posts.
    I am still trying to understand and then apply common sense.
    The understanding part is much more difficult than I ever imagined.
    It is very easy to "believe" but then I end up constantly looking for re-assurance.

Afterwards everything will be obvious.

Inflation - Hard Assets including Precious metals.
    Deflation - cash, but which currencies and will Gold cut it or will it too have to deflate first?
    What I am seeing locally so far is no major depreciation in Assets, low sales, and inflation in food which will lead to inflation in services.

Common sense tells me to plant fruit trees, simplify what makes me happy and buy less crap so that I can spend more time reading and have more for "investing"

The Gambler in me says near term PM producers have limited downside, (black swans aside) and huge upside, which just may finance my orchard.. so I have gone overweight.

Pure Capitalism is organic and self correcting, however, the law of the jungle is a little too tough, so regulation is needed. However Regulation grows like a weed and pretty soon we have police/nanny states that spend too much and the regulations create new predators worse than the capitalists and less efficient.
    So we have an overly complex system that is not allowed to correct or self regulate.

Can these forces be controlled or will they create collapse?
    Well considering that we live on a planet with finite resources populated with barely conscious consuming zombies - systems failure is a pretty good bet, question is will near term producers enjoy POG > 1,500 for another 2 or 3 years? and if they do, can I keep the Zombies out of my fruit orchard anyway...

7 billion people - we are all in this together - that is what globalisation really means.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.