NAB 0.56% $36.23 national australia bank limited

*** NAB - Confimred no sharebuyback notice today.

1. 346 Posts.
    See my post yesterday at 1.40 p.m. I mentioned that the Brokers to the NAB Buyback were absent from the market yesterday which is not normal. Check the ASX announcements on a Daily basis. Each morning BEFORE the market opens the exchange gets notification of how much was bought back the previous day. There has not been one today at all (and the market is about to open) supporting my view that something is going on.
    Also as pointed out the brokers to the NAB buyback Salomon Smith Barney were for the first time the Biggest Net Sellers yesterday in the NAB also giving us a hint.

The temporary lifting of the buyback is normally a sign that they are likely to make a major announcement which could affect what extent is left on the buyback (which is currently supporting the price). If indeed, some of those funds are used to fund a hostile bid for Abbey National in the Uk, then the buyback as a totality may well be suspended completely which is very negative for the NAB share price short term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$36.23
Change
0.200(0.56%)
Mkt cap ! $112.2B
Open High Low Value Volume
$36.26 $36.44 $36.07 $152.6M 4.216M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3369 $36.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$36.23 9815 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NAB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.