DJIA 0.31% 26,683 dow jones industrials

I share the sentiment that it may have an impact as part of the...

1. 3,715 Posts.
    I share the sentiment that it may have an impact as part of the backdrop for further (justified) worry around US financials.

Tech stocks are heading up OK on the back of Juniper results - I would expect to see a rough day for US financials though. They are somewhat shielded I think now that they have instituted the changes to shorting there - but this is yet another stop-gap measure.

From Bloomberg...

Asian stocks retreated as National Australia Bank Ltd. plunged the most since the 1987 stock market crash, while financial companies led European shares lower for a second day.

``The reality is starting to set in that there may be another shoe to drop out there,'' Eric Thorne, who helps oversee about $2.6 billion as an investment adviser at Bryn Mawr Trust Co., said in an interview on Bloomberg Television yesterday from Philadelphia. ``You look at some of the housing data and that continues to be really bad.''

Much more bad news in the wings I think for US financials in particular this year...

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.