AOE 0.00% $4.68 arrow energy limited

"(So is the shorting really about Arrow or Dart ? Obviously...

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    "(So is the shorting really about Arrow or Dart ? Obviously Shell is potentially benefiting from the shorting even if they have nothing to do with it.)"

acorn,

I can't see anyone shorting dart, a company that doesn't even exist at this stage. A Phanton Company, as someone called it.

IMHO the shorting is there for a purpose. And that is to destabilize the sp and keep a lead on it. Because if the sp will go up, up and away, the Shell bid and the P/Ship between Shell and Petrochina would look a bit silly for setting up that ridicuplous T/O price. Would it not..?? After all, if one care to remember when the first offer was made, a little while ago, the sp shot past the offer, and never looked back. The reason.....????? Because the market knows what AOE is worth.

So, IMHO, by shorting the market no end, they will keep the sp capped.

In the meantime, there will be the nervous nellies who will sell on to them and move onto other things, and at the same time the traders, (who are only looking for a quick profit), will stay out of the action as well. Traders are the ones who can push the sp up in a very short period of time, lol. Not the likes of you and I.

As for Shell benefiting from it, of course they would. And it would not surprise me one little bit that it has been orchestrated on their behalf, while showing to the market that they have a clean pair of hands.

I am sure that if the shorting will stop, the sp will move up a few notches, and Shell, if they are really keen on us, will have to move up accordingly on the offer and review it.

My thoughts and DYOR. But I have been in these situations before and I have learned a lot.

For the life of me, I still cannot understand as to why the Management has recommended the offer to be accepted, without any supporting evidence, lol. That, to me, is very strange on itself. Usually the Directors will make their own informed decision on the offer, and the Independent Directors will do so as well.

In one of the T/O I was involved with in the past with my holdings for instance, one of the Independent Directors, contrary to all of the others, made his recommendation that the offer was not good, it undervalued the assets, and not good for the shareholders. And that, will always be on the records of the Company. That on itself, has taught me a fair bit.

Good luck,

Buddy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AOE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.