QAN 1.00% $6.09 qantas airways limited

NAB is on TH for CR. All banks expecting to do the same. QANTAS will CR soon?????, page-5

1. 3,747 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 338
    I would be very wary of how Joyce crunches his numbers.

I really do believe QAN is a great company, but the longer the restrictions go on for, the greater the strain as other costs continue to rack up. You can't simply press the pause button until bookings flow in again.

QAN will bounce back, but as they say, it'll be a slow recovery as people begin to start travelling again. Any capital raising from here will pull the floor boards from under the share price and we could certainly see the lows of last month tested again. As they say in stock trading , "Down by the elevator, up by the stairs."

Right now, 1 in 5 Australians are reporting that they are having trouble paying either their rent or mortgage. If the quarantines continue, then the choice will either be eat or pay rent / mortgage and reports coming from the real estate industry is showing approximately a 16% rise in rental cancellations as families downsize to much smaller dwellings (house to unit etc). The government is racking up almost unmanageable debt as this mess unfolds, and although the local contagion numbers are good, remember that borders are still closed as the tourist industry itself and its associated industries need to be put on a respirator.
    The next horror is what a mass mortgage default will do to both the real estate sector and the major banks. NAB felt that first tremor today which precipitated a sell-off in the financials.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.09
Change
0.060(1.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.923B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.10 $6.11 $6.04 $25.10M 4.146M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8587 $6.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.09 127451 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.