BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

nabi chat new rock star

1. 591 Posts.
    There will almost certainly be a new CEO announcement prior to voting deadlines - this appointment will however be conditional upon the YES vote getting up. This is according to recent Biota Shareholder public discussions (I have heard about) with the current Biota CEO.

For those long suffering holders who have been waiting for NABI to lay the golden egg, well here is the Get out of Jail Free card. Tough decision - vote NO and if the majority vote is NO, hope to scavenge something out of what is left. Mangrove, Renaissance, Weiss and some other recent holders are (I believe) arbitrage players - they are in this purely to take advantage of the situation and make a quick buck - this is what they do. They don't care about holders. Mangrove have actually sold the majority of what they bought in the Dutch Auction - what does that tell you? I have not got access to Bloomberg at the moment, but can someone confirm where Renaissance and Weiss stand?

I believe that the existing longer standing institutional holders are merger friendly and that they collectively will vote this over the line. I believe they recognise that there is value in the Biota pipeline. One big flu pandemic alone, will be enough to send the Biota price soaring as they have the only next gen Influenza antiviral - the US govt are banking on this drug to take over from Tamiflu in approx 3 years time - this is aside from other interesting pipeline licensing opportunities.

NABI holders are sick of Raafat Fahim - he is useless. Biota holders are sick of the Biota CEO - he has been unable to sell the sizzle. Biota does however have a promising pipeline and that is the difference between the two companies.

I believe with the right CEO in place, NABI and Biota holders will both benefit from the value in this arrangement. To be completely upfront about this proposed arrangement, NABI is providing the vehicle and Biota is effectively providing the smarts. The key is the driver. If the Fahim or the Biota CEO were taking the lead in this partnership, I'd say it would be a doomed proposition for both sides.

So the key will be the new CEO - I believe he will be the type of person to make this opportunity a winner.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.