BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

HiI've previously posted analysis of the benefits of buying NABI...

1. 357 Posts.
    Hi

I've previously posted analysis of the benefits of buying NABI at recent share prices (i did the analysis a month or so back) as compared with BTA.

The analysis was based on the value of the cash dividend to be paid by NABI and the see-through value of BTA scrip.

The STRANGE THING is that NABI had a record date of 26 October for the dividend to of 99 cents to $1.10 that is being paid in connection with the merger

http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2012/10/16/497575/10008626/en/Nabi-Biopharmaceuticals-Sets-Record-Date-for-Cash-Dividend.html

Prior to the record date, NABI was trading at around $1.80. It is now arond $1.70. This just doesn't make sense - the post-dividend dropoff should have been around $1.00, not ten cents.

If the facts are as they seem. . . . it is great news for BTA shareholders. Based on the merger ratios etc, a $1.70 NABI price post-dividend would translate to around US$1.27 per BTA share.

What am I missing? I have tried calling NABI HQ to confirm that they are trading ex-dividend, but haven't yet gotten through.

Cheers

Geraldine

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.