NAE 0.00% 0.4¢ new age exploration limited

NEWS ARTICLE FROM local newspaper on 18th December 2016...

1. 209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    NEWS ARTICLE FROM local newspaper on 18th December 2016

Proposals from mining company to re-open Redmoor Mine are welcomed
    Thursday, 15 December 2016 By Contributor in Utilities
    CALLINGTON’S mayor has welcomed meetings with a mining company over proposals to re-open Redmoor Mine.
    Mayor and Portreeve Cllr Mark Smith has welcomed the decision of Cornwall Resources Limited to hold a series of public meetings over the potential to re-open the former mine in Kelly Bray.
    Australian Mining Company New Age Exploration (NAE) acquired an exploration licence and the right to develop and operate a mine at Redmoor in 2012 and the following year carried out analysis on the site’s previous samples to verify drilling results taken in the 1970s and 1980s.
    Earlier this year, Cornwall Resources Ltd was set up — a joint venture between NAE and Strategic Minerals — for the Redmoor Tin-Tungsten mine project.
    Cornwall Resources Ltd has confirmed that 23 bore holes have been planned for the mine over a two-phase drilling programme to identify and expand resources, which is due to start in the first half of 2017.
    The company plans to develop and consult with the local community on a viable underground mine plan and processing plant and, subject to the findings of the initial drill programme and funding, it aims to undertake further drilling and studies.
    Cllr Smith has been working closely with the mining company to ensure that the public is kept informed, following the announcement of the proposal for more than 20 exploration drilling bore holes during 2017 as the company investigates the potential tin reserves beneath the area.
    Cllr Smith said: ‘When the mining company first announced its intentions, I wanted to ensure that the public are going to be kept well informed about what is going to happen next year and, also importantly, what is not going to happen. I welcome the company’s decision to assist with a series of public meetings and I will be asking the town council to keep the whole community informed of progress over the coming months through our newsletter and social media outlets. I attended the first of these last Thursday evening and felt it was good that the public could ask any questions of the company.’
    Cllr Smith’s comments were echoed by Cornwall Councillor for Callington, Cllr Andrew Long, who is also a member of the town council and has been in discussions with Cornwall Resources Ltd over the past month.
    Cllr Long said: ‘This proposal could have a positive job impact on our community but also there are naturally concerns from local residents as to how any future works might affect their lives.
    ‘Therefore it was good to see the company taking the lead on consultation with the public and involving Cllr Smith from the start as he lives very close to the existing mining area and will be an ideal person to ensure that the local people are kept informed.’
    There are more meetings planned in December and into the new year before the first of the proposed test drilling takes place in early 2017.

Very positive reception from the Cornwall Councillors in respect of our plans for next year. I will keep the Forum up to date with any further developments from this side of the pond.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.175M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 7652557 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 26526472 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NAE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.