BMN 3.86% $3.23 bannerman energy ltd

Gizmo5000 posted this on the EXT boardtiz the indians looking...

1. 116 Posts.
    Gizmo5000 posted this on the EXT board
    tiz the indians looking for something for nothing - armed with small brown envelopes no doubt - if you deal with them BMN make sure its all cash upfront - not that i'm a cynic - my phrases not gizmo's

From bloomberg

Company officials were in South Africa and Namibia last week assessing offers for stakes, Ghai said.

Indian Uranium Need to Grow 10-Fold by 2020, Nuclear Power Says

By Natalie Obiko Pearson

Dec. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Indias need for uranium will increase 10-fold by 2020 as Asias third-largest energy consumer boosts nuclear power generation, the countrys monopoly atomic generator forecast today.

India is seeking cheaper sources of uranium than what it may get through commercial arrangements with companies like Russias Rosatom Corp. and Frances Areva SA, which plan to build reactors in the country, said Jagdeep Ghai, finance director at state-owned Nuclear Power Corp. of India.

India will need about 8,000 tons of uranium annually, he said. The nation has signed civil nuclear agreements with six countries, including Canada, Kazakhstan and Namibia, to secure stakes in overseas uranium mines, Ghai said.

Most of these countries can give us access to uranium, he said. Nuclear Powers strategy is to buy stakes in mines and tie up the source of supply.

Company officials were in South Africa and Namibia last week assessing offers for stakes, Ghai said.

Atomic energy companies are flocking to India after a three-decade global ban on nuclear trade was lifted last year. The country aims to increase its nuclear power generation capacity 10-fold to 40,000 megawatts by 2035, Nuclear Power Chairman Shreyans Kumar Jain said Dec. 10.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.23
Change
0.120(3.86%)
Mkt cap ! $492.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.13 $3.25 $3.12 $1.678M 525.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 3740 $3.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.24 4768 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.