BRN 2.56% 19.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

NANOSE & SNIFFPHONE, page-546

1. 9,803 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25889
    I think I know why we are both correct. The patent to which Biotome refers in the joint press release with Brainchip is for a method and system to extract a subset of proteins which are specific for the diagnosis of antibodies to specific infections. Biotome has to this point identified the proteins for gastric cancer and also H.pylori and the present intent is to identify the protein that binds to antibodies of Covid -19. The following explanation probably needs a little refinement but appears to flow from the patent you provided.

I have extracted the following paragraphs from the patent which makes clear in my opinion that if they can extract Covid-19 specific proteins as they have for those to detect gastric cancer and H. pylori they can be bound to a hard surface (read here nano sensor) and then by communicating saliva to the device so that it comes into contact with the peptide bound to the hard surface then if present the antibody for Covid-19 pattern can be detected by the nano sensor and read by AKD1000 in a battery operated hand held device.

If one looks to the webpage of Biotome and those who make up the company prior to the employment of Mr. Lee Hubble though they are a group of highly intelligent individuals there is no one amongst them who professes knowledge in the field of nano technology sensors. As I said he was appointed in August, 2020 at a time when Professor Barry Marshall would have been very well aware of the progress being made by Brainchip with NaNose using AKD1000 technology to interpret their nano sensor information for diagnosing Covid-19 on VOC's. As I said this is my wild speculation but I am assuming that just because you employ someone who understands nano sensors that does not immediately allow you to make them on the spot so they must be sourcing them from somewhere and given the already existing relationships I am speculating it is NaNose - Technion.

"Preferably the peptide bindsspecifically (in the immunological sense) and with high affinity to anantibody, preferably an antibody that also binds to the H. pylori CagA protein.An antibody-peptide interaction is said to exhibit "specific binding"or "preferential binding" in the immunological sense if it reacts orassociates more frequently, more rapidly, with greater duration and/or withgreater affinity with a particular cell or substance than it does withalternative cells or substances. An antibody "specifically binds" or"preferentially binds" to a peptide if it binds with greateraffinity, avidity, more readily, and/or with greater duration than it binds toother substances. Binding can be determined with any suitable method. Bindingcan be determined by methods known in the art, for example ELISA, surfaceplasmon resonance, western blot or the other methods described herein (seebelow). Such methods can be used for determining suitable length or amino acidsequence of the peptide

The peptide may beassociated with a substrate that immobilizes the peptide. The substrate may be,for example, a solid or semi-solid carrier, a solid phase, support or surface.The peptide may be immobilized on a solid support. Examples includes beads orwells in plates, such as microtiter plates, such as 96-well plates, and alsoinclude surfaces of lab-on-a-chip diagnostic or similar devices. Theassociation can be covalent or non-covalent, and can be facilitated by a moietyassociated with the peptide that enables covalent or non-covalent binding, suchas a moiety that has a high affinity to a component attached to the carrier,solid phase, support or surface.

Diagnosis can be carried outusing any suitable method. In a preferred method, antibodies in a sample from asubject are allowed to bind to a peptide, and binding is detected. The subjectcan be a human or an animal, preferably a human. Binding in vitro of antibodiesfrom the subject to the peptide indicates that the immune system of the subjecthas generated antibodies against that particular peptide and thus that thatpeptide and hence that CagA H. pylori is present in the subject.

The sample can be any suitablesample for example a sample of blood, serum, plasma, saliva, mucosal secretion,ascites fluid, or similar bodily fluid, or tissue.

Antibody-response to the peptides can bedetected by different immunological/serological methods. Suitable formats of detectingpresence of the antibody using the peptides includes peptide micro arrays,ELISA, chromatography, western blot, lab-on-a chip formats, microbead-basedsingle- or multiplex immunoassays etc.

Often these methods involve proving thepeptide bound to stationary phase (such as the well of an ELISA plate or thesurface of a microbead) and adding the sample to be analysed in the liquidphase, allowing antibodies to bind and then washing away unbound antibodies."

Your witness @BarrelSitter

My opinion only and speculation DYOR
    FF.

AKIDA Ballista

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $352.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.0¢ $839.4K 4.314M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
73 2278913 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 321205 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.