XRO 0.00% $30.90 xero limited

nasdaq - eta, page-2

1. 6,165 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2345
    longish and conservative article written by Chris K (when price was abt NZ$35-36).

What is interesting are some of the 12 comments by those in the know.

-----------------------------
    Xero can win
    - analyst models share price scenarios from 'US fail' to 'US Blue Skies'

Chris Keall | Monday November 11, 2013 | 12 comments

A new analyst report paints seven customer scenarios for Xero - each turning on its degree of success in the crucial US market - and what those mean for the super-hot tech's already heated share price...

---------------------------

#7 by James Bremner 9 days ago

Chris, I live over here state side and I have been amazed about just how little love there is for Quickbooks.
    People really don't like it, it is difficult and unpleasant to use. As a beancounter, I have used various versions of QB including the more recent QB on line, and I use Xero also.
    There really is no comparison, Xero is so much better from a user experience perspective.

While timing is difficult to predict, I think Xero will do very well over here in the US, through superior design and the accountants practice management suite that makes things so much easier for accountants being a real driver of adoption.

Regarding revenue and profitability, once the base accounting system has been completed (end of next year) Xero has a
    *lot of options to generate additional streams of revenue.
    *Drury stated (Xerocon Auck earlier this year) that at some point they will offer benchmarking products (on an opt in basis).
    *That's one recurring revenue goldmine right there. There will be others.

Xero is an amazing story. There will be fluctuations, but at this point, I think Xero is more likely than not to become a major global cloud player with *tens of millions of customers.

*A $5b market cap will look pretty small where Xero is going.

Share Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
    by Anonymous 9 days ago in reply to James Bremner

---------
    Hi James,

it's great to hear about Xero's astounding success in the US! So you are one of the many American accountants that have already signed up, follow the financials of a NZ company and regularly read the NBR?
    Good on ya, mate! Say hi to all your American colleagues in America where you are. Do you always get up at 5:30 am to post on websites?
    -------

#8 by James Bremner 7 days ago

Hi Anonymous,

I am a Kiwi, based in the US, who has used Quickbooks before, but wouldn't touch it again unless forced to do so at gun point (and even then maybe not..),
    uses Xero to do accounting and bookkeeping, reads the NBR, and, with my UK based co-founder, has just launched a Xero add on app.
    Check out www.debtograph.com.

BTW 5:30am in NZ is about 10:30am CST the previous day.
    So not a crazy hour to be posting to the NBR.
    Cheers,

-----
    #9 by Trev Matt 7 days ago

I've been excited by three things in my 35 years in business.

1. When Jobs' launched the first Apple

2. When Adobe launched the first beta version of the PDF and

3. Xero

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/xero-can-win-ck-148433#comments

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XRO (NZSX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.