MSB 8.43% $1.35 mesoblast limited

@Hawk70 “ The heart muscle cannot be 'reborn' after a very very...

1. 433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12084

@Hawk70
    “ The heart muscle cannot be 'reborn' after a very very short timespan has passed”

I agree ,which is why injections in the Dream Phase 3 were made at the margin (edge) of the dead or scarred tissue under an electrically colour coded NOGA endocardial mapping system to find via viable heart muscle. I think you will find I referred to this in a previous post.

Your comment
    “The LVAD is used as the muscle is irreversibly destroyed “

If that is the case how do we explain cases where there is cardiac remodelling, allowing volume and pressure unloading, which subsequently leads to successful explantation of the LVAD device ?
    In many cases , LVAD recipients often have an ejection fraction below 25…and mean ejection fraction often then improves by up to 4-5% when the LVAD is temporarily weaned . Furthermore, while the Phase 2 trial did not meet the overall primary endpoint of temporary weaning , Revascor treatment did significantly improve weaning in 44% of patients with chronic ischemic heart failure.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S105324981300257X

Interestingly, the conclusion of the study referenced in the link above was as follows:

“In our experience, EF only improved slightly after destination LVAD, and rarely reached a normal range. This suggests that mechanical unloading alone is not the main mechanism for LV recovery in end-stage HF. It is possible that use of LVADs may allow myocardial recovery in the setting of novel pharmacologic or cell based interventions.”

Maybe you could offer an explanation ?
    It appears the subject is considerably more nuanced than most people think !
    OP

Please do not rely on the opinions or facts contained in the above post when making an investment decision.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.