MSB 1.55% 95.0¢ mesoblast limited

@Hawk70 “ The heart muscle cannot be 'reborn' after a very very...

1. 427 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11887

@Hawk70
    “ The heart muscle cannot be 'reborn' after a very very short timespan has passed”

I agree ,which is why injections in the Dream Phase 3 were made at the margin (edge) of the dead or scarred tissue under an electrically colour coded NOGA endocardial mapping system to find via viable heart muscle. I think you will find I referred to this in a previous post.

Your comment
    “The LVAD is used as the muscle is irreversibly destroyed “

If that is the case how do we explain cases where there is cardiac remodelling, allowing volume and pressure unloading, which subsequently leads to successful explantation of the LVAD device ?
    In many cases , LVAD recipients often have an ejection fraction below 25…and mean ejection fraction often then improves by up to 4-5% when the LVAD is temporarily weaned . Furthermore, while the Phase 2 trial did not meet the overall primary endpoint of temporary weaning , Revascor treatment did significantly improve weaning in 44% of patients with chronic ischemic heart failure.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S105324981300257X

Interestingly, the conclusion of the study referenced in the link above was as follows:

“In our experience, EF only improved slightly after destination LVAD, and rarely reached a normal range. This suggests that mechanical unloading alone is not the main mechanism for LV recovery in end-stage HF. It is possible that use of LVADs may allow myocardial recovery in the setting of novel pharmacologic or cell based interventions.”

Maybe you could offer an explanation ?
    It appears the subject is considerably more nuanced than most people think !
    OP

Please do not rely on the opinions or facts contained in the above post when making an investment decision.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.0¢
Change
-0.015(1.55%)
Mkt cap ! $1.084B
Open High Low Value Volume
96.5¢ 96.5¢ 94.5¢ $2.433M 2.552M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 72431 94.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
95.0¢ 20225 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.