MSB 1.44% $1.06 mesoblast limited

I still believe there is a corporate play of sorts happening in...

1. 15,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5451
    I still believe there is a corporate play of sorts happening in the background .... I watched some of the trading today and there was some very strong buying in very large parcel numbers - it has been some of the strongest Mesoblast buying patterns I have seen in a while on the ASX in the last 2 days ... @LearningEachDay can probably confirm the patterns for the USA in the last 2 days as well but I am not privy to the trades over there where circa 8 million ASX shares equivalent per day were traded .... is it just shorts covering ? I doubt it ?

Sadly, I think Mesoblast is in a very vulnerable position at present and IF the IP and the late stage clinical data in multiple indications is appealing to any big pharma in the USA wanting to dominate in the stem cell sector then it wouldn't take much to make a move down here ?

Remember the global giant Takeda didn't challenge the Mesoblast patents and corresponding licensing fees when it acquired TiGenix and so were happy to pay €20 million for the EU and subsequently another USD $1 million for Japan .... and of course the USA is next where the FDA could approve Takeda's Alofisel (aka Darvadstrocel) which would require a huge upfront fee payable to Mesoblast so if the global reach of Mesoblast's IP has the same potential as this example then this may be enticement enough for some pharmaceutical conglomerates ?

.... and while the thought of a takeover may excite some I would say temper your expectations folks because unfortunately it won't be at the lofty share prices many have predicted on here over the years

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.06
Change
0.015(1.44%)
Mkt cap ! $1.216B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.04 $1.07 $1.04 $2.771M 2.628M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 19159 $1.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.07 134317 29
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.13pm 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.06
  Change
0.015 ( 1.59 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.04 $1.07 $1.04 522704
Last updated 14.31pm 14/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.