CUV 0.00% $14.86 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

NASDAQ Potential for CUV

1. 732 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 916

I have always been rather ambivalent about CUV listing on the Nasdaq but after checking out DISC medicine I feel a bit more inclined that Clinuvel should go that direction, interested to hear others opinions on this. DISC could one day in the distant future become a competitor for Clinuvel, their lead product in clinical trials is targeting EPP. They have nothing further than PhII, they certainly don't have an FDA approved product and they are not making any money. For the calendar year just gone they have posted a Net loss of $46.5 Million US Dollars and they are not even recruiting yet for a trial to 'Investigate the Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy of DISC-1459 (Bitopertin) in Participants With Erythropoietic Protoporphyria (EPP)' which is estimated to complete in June 2028! They are quite cashed up like CUV, but they are conducting another significant capital raise now and despite this they have a Market Capitalisation of $1 Billion USD (about $1.5 Billion AUD)! Seems like a lot of risk to have that premium price just on the hope of one day entering the EPP market. Clinuvels market cap is incomparably low at just $900M AUD.

Compare this to Clinuvel, financials peerless and if I may just throw a guestimate that they could put out NPAT in two months of somewhere around $30M give or take, with perhaps a 6c divvy. But this is just from the 'proof of concept indication' EPP and little or no valuation or hope given for anything in the future which is much closer at CUV than the 2029-2030 I would expect from DISC if everything goes well for them - which is realistically still a big if. By then we should know if the much bigger market of Vitiligo is approved and producing profits, likewise for XP, is Neuracthel a money spinner, is the Body Tanning OTC the holy grail, is the VP indication contributing, is Clinuvel a well known household name like Botox and is the enormous market of Stroke likely to pay its jackpot. Lots of shots on goal which might be much more appreciated on the Nasdaq.

All IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.86
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $744.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.93 $15.07 $14.76 $684.2K 45.80K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 550 $14.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.99 219 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$14.95
  Change
0.000 ( 0.36 %)
Open High Low Volume
$14.96 $15.07 $14.77 2565
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.