IMM 20.3% 35.5¢ immutep limited

Thanks TIMOH, I am sure this is the article you referred to,...

1. 130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Thanks TIMOH, I am sure this is the article you referred to, yesterday. By Tim BOREHAM of the Australian.

Imugene (IMU) 1.1c
    When Axel Hoos asserts that many of the common cancers will be cured within a decade, people should listen.
    Dr Hoos is the head of oncology R&D at pharma giant GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) and — unusually — a director of the small-cap oncology play.
    At his previous employ Bristol-Myers Squibb, Hoos developed the Yervoy antibody for melanoma — to the eternal gratitude of Ron Walker, who credits the drug for delivering a few more laps on the F1 circuit of life.
    Hoos believes immuno oncology will become the “standard of care” within 10 years, supplanting the use of chemotherapy.
    Immunotherapy is the art of goading the patient’s own cells to fight the disease, rather than subjecting patients to a “dose of poison’’ (Hoos’s words). Imugen’s work revolves around the HER 2 receptor, present in about 20 per cent of gastric and breast cancers.
    But how does Hoos get to moonlight on the Imugene board?
    As it happens, Hoos and Imugene chair Paul Hopper formed the predecessor Imugene company before Hoos joined GSK.
    “I made it contingent on my employment that I could continue to do it,’’ he says.
    Not surprisingly, Hoos leaves the room should GSK deliberate on the purchase of, say, an antipodean immunotherapy developer.
    Other local immunotherapy plays include Viralytics (VLA, 72.5), also chaired by Hopper, and the Lucy Turnbull-chaired Prima Biomed (PRR, 5.9c).
    Or perhaps expensive therapies don’t need to be developed at all? A common food dye, rose bengal, is thought by some to have a similar effect of taking the brakes off the immune system and would sell for a couple of cents per dose.
    According to an “intriguing” prezzo to an oncological gathering in Spain this month, a single dose of a 10 per cent injection of the dye led to the complete disappearance of a liver cancer colorectal liver metastases in another.
    At a derisory valuation, Imugene is a do-or-die (or dye?) speculative buy.

Dr Axel HOOS is the keynote speaker this afternoon in Queenstown, New Zealand.

It shows that Prima is in good space and I believe it has a good future. Keep up your research, AHJAY. I find your articles very informative.
    Last edited by Pop Panda: 17/07/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.5¢
Change
0.060(20.3%)
Mkt cap ! $515.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.0¢ 37.5¢ 33.5¢ $6.427M 18.03M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 35.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 133736 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.