Nathan Ablett's manager has today quashed a "wild rumour" that...

1. 95 Posts.
    Nathan Ablett's manager has today quashed a "wild rumour" that the troubled Geelong forward is dead.
    Liam Pickering said he had been receiving phone calls from media outlets since Saturday.
    "The (phone calls) have really heated up today," Mr Pickering said. "It's ridiculous."
    "I can't quite work out where it's come from . . . probably from (someone) who's got nothing better to do."
    Mr Pickering said he spoke to Ablett at midday today. He said Ablett, who turned 22 on Friday, was still taking a break from football.
    "He's still having a bit of a break from the club. He's been away but he's coming to Melbourne today."
    Ablett, son of Geelong legend Gary Ablett Senior, has struggled to cope with the pressures of AFL and told the club earlier this month he did not intend to resume playing in 2008.
    Coach Mark Thompson and several players have said they hoped Ablett would change his mind.
    Mr Pickering said he could not comment on Ablett's wishes for next year. "I can't give an update as far as what's going to happen with the footy stuff, I don't know," he said.
    "All I know is I've had 4000 phone calls about this rumour, which I can rule out unless (Ablett) is talking from beyond the grave."
    Meanwhile Geelong this afternoon released a statement saying the club would not pressure Ablett to decide on his playing future.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.