National’s disfunction continues, page-50

1. 86,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    doldrums???????

I see no doldrums here at all

I see people who have weathered almost 16 months of restrictions including full national lockdowns for months

I see people where the young are outside doing all sorts of adventurous things

I see young vibrant people who study all sorts of things that the government in Oz doesn't think worthy - and, these young people here are some of the brightest and most knowledgeable I've met

I see young people out doing the most adventurous things with barely a look at a mobile phone - biking, hiking, climbing, fitted out with ropes, axes and god knows what - out running in groups or individually doing high performance things

I see people who know food, art, history culture

I see them chomping at the bit to get out when in lockdowns and curfews

I see FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR more respect in every street, in every public building, in every walkway and on every road from one person to another than I've ever seen in Australia in any city, town or state and I've lived in almost all of them.

I see no property damage from vandalism like I see in every place I've been in Oz ------ it's very very rare thing to see here.

I hear music, laughter, children playing everywhere when the weather is right - I've seen almost zero aggression

I see patience - people who show no display at all beyond just quietly waiting in queues properly socially distanced - without one gruff word

I see freedom everywhere - anyone who has travelled to some places like this notices that people do things differently here - like - park - where it's convenient - and, no one bothers about it - where it's common sense to park - they park - in Oz in comparison - you'd have people bitching about it and seagull council officers plonking parking fines on windscreens - here - mostly - no one notices - if there's really something that stretches the band - the most you see is a shrug of the shoulders - compared to Ozzies - these people redefine 'laid back' - same same as many Asian places

if that's doldrums mate --------------- I'm very bloody happy in the doldrums

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.