"It's dead simple, Australia's public education sector has been...

1. 81,498 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    "It's dead simple, Australia's public education sector has been progressively starved of resources for at least twenty years now as federal governments poured taxpayers' money instead into 'private schools' [~33% of students now attend exclusive, taxpayer-funded 'private schools']."

I disagree there --

1. I do not think that it's dead simple

2. you infer or state that it's a one problem issue - (the above)

whilst I have zero argument with you that the issue you raise is a factor - and, a major factor, IMO, the problems we have in Oz go a lot deeper and even more basic than that.

Where I am atm - there is constant discussion on the behavioural ant attitudinal differences between children from Oz, UK, USA in comparison to the behaviour and attitude of French children.

It stands out like a beacon. One doesn't need to do any grand lengthy studies on it - all one has to do is to walk any street in Oz or UK or US where there are kids - or on a beach - and, do the ditto in France.

I would also personally throw in a few other nations as well - Vietnam and I suspect Japan, and probably Finland would be a good comparison.

Yes, there are massive problems with the funding of public schools etc. - but, the, shall we say - customer base is entirely different - and, to me - unless there is a major attitudinal change in children in Oz, UK and America - then - I doubt if it will make a bean of difference what other changes are made.

Now - the attitude and behaviour is not the fault of children - children are moulded, they don't come out of the box already formed --------------- so, society and parents have to change - and, I'm afraid, that is beyond me to see how it can be changed.

There is something very very wrong in Oz, UK and America going on in society and at home - until that's fixed ------------ I don't think it matters much what else we do

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.