national dental health scheme

1. 9,245 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 811
    The last "great" inroad to the health system was under the Whitlam Govt. in about 1973 with the Medicare system - I was a young married father then and fully embraced the scheme because we couldn't afford to pay Doctors, yet alone the Hospital bills if one of the kids broke a bone or got the flu, so I was very happy to see the monopoly of private health insurers undone and pay via a levy through my taxes for health cover.

In all the posts since the last election no-one has taken up the cudgel to support or argue for or against the Green policy of incorporating a dental health scheme into the existing medicare scheme, whether it's liked or not the greens have a position of power now in the Govt. and one of their policies is a national dental health care system.

I personally don't need it as I've worked hard and can pay my way but I'm surprised at the no. of kids and adults I come across that can't afford dental care.

Instead of worrying about green gases and coal whatevers why don't all you people who are pleased about the Labor/Green coalition make damn sure that before this turbulent time in Oz. politics comes to an end at least there is a national Dental scheme in place?

I'm thinking you won't get a better chance - for a long time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.