national listings up another 6000, page-15

1. 1,418 Posts.
    Hey passive,

yeah maybe.

The thing that worries me, and it goes for just about all the forums, is that you get people who bought in cheap (whether that be a stock or property) and then say that everything is OK.

But that is a bit false when you are talking about perspective investments. For me, I have been in certain investments for a long time (not property: I wished that I had), and I am well up on these. But that doesn't mean that I would advise taking the same route now.

How often do you see it on the share forums: someone saying hang in there and its all OK. Well, it is if you had bought in a while ago and had already seen your investment rise. It gives you some breathing space, but I also think that it clouds your vision about the prospects for that stock. It doesn't matter that much if a stock drops 15% when it has already rise 60%.

I think that this property forum should reflect the prospects for those looking at actually investing in property now; not those that have already invested in it over years.

Passive, if you were only just starting out investing would you seriosly, honestly consider property to be a good investment now? Would you advise a friend to go and buy a property this weekend, or indeed are you going to buy more property?

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.