nationalization mining assets pays for pension

1. 2,363 Posts.
    I'll put this out for comment.

There are something like 3 million or more welfare/pension recipients in our country. And its going to get worse.

Super was introduced years ago, as the government knew then that the aging population could not be supported by the tax base.

Why are we having trouble with old age pensions? why do we need to lift the retirement age? because there is not enough money to pay for those above a lower retirement threshold.
    Whose Australia is it? Whose ore is it?

I suggest the creation of a National Mining Company.
    Funded by our taxes. It then generates profits on sale of iron ore, or coal. Simple DSO (direct shipping ore) operations with low risk.

It will employ as many people as private industry, and operate side by side with such.

So invest our taxes, into a profitable business that generates real substantial profits.

Then our taxes paid, will generate 2x 3x the level on input.
    (implying that profit will reduce the tax burden going forward)

All the profits go into the national retirement fund. In effect it has 100% tax.

Why do we allow a few people the super wealthy to take these assets?

why do we allow overseas companies to take these assets?

Yes, they pay a royalty to the states.

And they invest infrastructure etc, but they only do it for a profit.

I'm not suggesting that we kick out foreign investment, but surely our taxes can be put to work, to work side by side and be equally profitable.

Is Australia the lucky country?

On Nationalism,

The USA has made changes to their energy policy, so that cheaper domestic fuels are available before they are export.

So they are looking after the home team first.
    So should we.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.