TLG 1.41% 70.0¢ talga group ltd

Natura 2000, Protected Area, Mine 6 months per year, LKAB

1. 2,140 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 155

Potentially mining 6 months of the year cause of concerns of three affected Sami villages and because the area is protected under Natura 2000?

I have some questions for you.

Questions:
    • Is it normal practice to only mine for 6 months of the year with other existing mines in Sweden?
    • How would not mining for 6 months of the year help the protected area staying protected? Its still a mine site?
    • Will Sami maybe say Talga can mine the whole year or not at all?
    • Will the Sami negotiate with there protected area?
    • What would the Sami people gain by allowing the mine?
    • Does the project have major impact on reindeer husbandry in the area?
    • Trial mine was started in 2015. Why don't we have permitting yet? What has been the hold up till now?
    • LKAB is state owned entity. State approves mine permitting?
    • With telling Sami we will only mine 6 months of the year. Is that enough to get the mining permit?
    • Was there any Sami people present at the protest in Vittangi on the 2 October 2021?

References:
    https://affarerinorr.se/nyheter/2021/december/talga-och-mitsui-europe-gaar-vidare-utan-lkab/
    https://affarerinorr.se/nyheter/2020/november/talga-lkab-och-mitsui-planerar-samarbete-om-batterianoder/
    https://www.australianmining.com.au/news/talga-begins-trial-graphite-mining/

"LKAB justifies the dropout by saying that it wants to prioritize other projects in which it is involved, and refers to the large investments it has in progress under its own auspices.
    Right now for us, this is not a priority. We have many different projects that we choose to focus on. It is a very exciting project but not for us right now, says David Högnelid, marketing and communications manager for the special products business area at LKAB, to Norr Media."

"On October 2, 2021, a demonstration was organized at very short notice at Folkets Hus in Vittangi against the graphite mine planned by Talga AB in Nunasvaara between Torne and Vittangi rivers. The rivers are both national rivers and protected through Natura 2000. The planned graphite mine would be adjacent to Lake Hosiojärvi, about 10 km north of Vittangi. The planned mining area includes a large area between the two rivers.
    Hanna Råman from Vittangi speaks here.
    About 120 people participated in the demonstration, mostly from Vittangi. Vittangi is a village with about 700 inhabitants."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
70.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.41%)
Mkt cap ! $263.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
71.0¢ 72.0¢ 69.5¢ $143.5K 203.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13733 70.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
70.5¢ 8121 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.02pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
70.0¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.71 %)
Open High Low Volume
70.0¢ 72.0¢ 69.5¢ 49332
Last updated 14.35pm 30/04/2024 ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.