Natural gas bubblePeople keep talking about the current...

1. 95 Posts.
    Natural gas bubble

People keep talking about the current potential oil bubble -however I havent heard much about what I think to be a natural gas bubble.

The henry hub natural gas spot market price has doubled in the past 10 months (similar to oil prices):

http://www.apachecorp.com/APA_Investor_Center/Market_Wrap/Henry_Hub_Natural_Gas/

The big difference to me is that there is NOT A WORLD WIDE SHORTAGE of natural gas. Australia has trillions of CF in reserves, USA has an abundance - but has been relatively un-expolited due to democrats blocking drilling in a lot of the country. The middle east, west indies, russia all have an abundance of reserves. There is no question that worldwide supply of Natural gas in the near and medium term is looking very healthy - this is in stark contrast to oil
    supply however the prices for both commodities have increased by about the same amount!

Natural gas plays have been heavily recommended in the US media. It is one of the only sectors in the stock

market that has been working this year. Just look at CHK, SD, XTO, EP, APA just to mention a few - they have all

doubled in the past 6 -12 months!

Since hardly any other sector in the economy is working, people have been throwing money into these natrual gas

companies as a safehouse, figuring that gas prices will continue upwards. I dont think so - this bubble will pop
    just like the dot com bubble.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.