WDS 0.14% $28.21 woodside energy group ltd

The Fed & State Govts are beginning to make serious noises about...

1. 235 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    The Fed & State Govts are beginning to make serious noises about creating a new energy industry exporting hydrogen. Obviously production would need to be on a large scale. The hydrogen from water (electrolysis) option requires plenty of sunshine (cheap solar energy) which we have in abundance and water - which is not necessarily abundant or cheap if fresh water is required. If Woodside sees an opportunity to make hydrogen from natural gas it'll need to plant forests of trees to offset the CO2 by-product or find a way to capture/contain it (added expense) - and is this the way the world will want to go on a large scale? Woodside are seeing some of their customers converting the LNG into hydrogen now so I'm sure they'll be looking at this seriously to make a call on whether this is another horse thet should back.
    I think this is a developing story and we're going to be hearing a lot more about hydrogen - and I think Woodside is an obvious large scale player.
    The Hazer technology looks to be a small scale niche player - converting biogas to hydrogen & and a carbon tube/fibre by-product. Eden is also small scale producing hydrogen as a by-product of carbon tube/fibre production.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.21
Change
-0.040(0.14%)
Mkt cap ! $53.56B
Open High Low Value Volume
$28.53 $28.57 $28.21 $128.2M 4.533M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 63674 $28.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.23 18595 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.