PEN 5.00% 10.5¢ peninsula energy limited

nature of aquifer exemption status

1. 173 Posts.
    I could not believe the uproar I may have caused on other thread for suggesting one simple fact about the complication of Aquifer Exemption application.

Aquifer Exemption for ISR is usually applied by miners because of the following conditions/situations:

(1) The applicant can prove that there is no significant ground water aquifers identified within the mining areas, which may cause problem in the future. A perfectly rare geohydrological condition supporting ISR mining in isolation. This condition must be supported by extensive field and lab investigation works in the PFS & DFS. The lucky miner types:)

(2)The applicant has done extensive investigation and groundwater modelling works, but can not find an economical solution for groundwater restoration to meet the mine decommissioning requirements. Aquifer exemption shall provide some flexibility and relax the environmental liability in the future. The responsible and honest miner types.

(3) The applicant has not done enough investigation works to know what is going on due to some reasons. Using politic or other mean to push the mining application and hoping to get lucky for a quick approval. The cowboy type of miners..

You can either ask your directors a few questions which type they may be?, or download the environmental reports and make your own conclusion.

http://www.wise-uranium.org/upusawy.html#LANCE

As you can see, granting an aquifer exemption status is not a simple matter, just like granting a get out of jail free card, allowing miner to be free from any future environmental liability from groundwater contamination.

Lets put yourself in the position of a responsible EPA case assessment officer for ISR mining application. How would you deal with each case?, knowing a wrong decision would mean the end of your career, or worst still problems may come back to haunt you on your retirement?

I can go on and on about the typical EPA agency business supporting structure, and how each type of application will be assessed. I can even list a few type of EAP case assessment officers as well.... and it will be your luck which type you are dealing with...

Just a few suggestions and leads for you guys to do your research.

I may bee seen as a bully for posting while Hanseng is being suspended. Perhaps I'll post more in a few days time for a fair dinkum debate.

Do some research, discuss on the topic and stop insulting other posters for having different opinions.

What do you have to worry about if your company are doing the right things ?. Good luck..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.005(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $334.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $1.047M 10.19M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
70 9842754 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 4002799 32
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.