I grew up in London, I worked all over London, that was in the...

1. 10,996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 661
    I grew up in London, I worked all over London, that was in the 60’s. The time of the Windrush generation.
    The country imported all these Afro Caribbean people, to be nurses, bus and train drivers, with the promise of a better life. They lied to them!
    These were the kids I grew up at school with and I would like to pay my highest respects to them.

Such beautiful amazing and happy people. They had to deal with so much discrimination, being called monkeys and much worse.
    But somehow, they fitted in, they won us over. Many of these people were my very best friends.
    They shared their wonderful culture and great music with us, reggae, blue beat, soul and ska.

I spent a lot of time in Brixton as I had a boyfriend there and we all got on. But now Brixton is the most dangerous place in London, mainly due to the moslems.

May I finish with a poignant song which showed how they were taken away from paradise to the grimy streets of London.
    We spent our honeymoon in The Caribbean and it felt like coming home to my friends.
    I have not met any of these lovely people in Australia?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.