CSK 0.00% 37.0¢ crowdspark ltd

nbn $ breakdown and telstra ceo comments

1. 2,472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Found a simple breakdown of the nbn followed by some very positive comments from thodey (telstra CEO).
    I have to say, his comments in the final paragraph got me a tad excited...

Over the next 10 years, Telstra has agreed under the deal to progressively move customers off its copper network and hybrid fibre-coaxial network, but the telco will keep the HFC in place for pay TV. For Telstra's customers, NBN Co will pay $4 billion over the next 10 years. For $5 billion, Telstra will also lease dark fibre, exchange space, lead-in-conduits and ducts to NBN Co over the next 35 to 40 years, with the option to extend the deal twice by 10 years.

The government will also give Telstra $700 million to fund its universal service obligations, $300 million for greenfields fibre deployment, as well as a further $1 billion for other government commitments over 10 years.

"These agreements represent an important milestone in addressing much of the uncertainty for Telstra associated with the NBN and government regulation, and allow us to focus intently on our customer service and simplification strategy," Telstra CEO David Thodey said.

"The government will achieve its desired industry structure and the arrangements for the [universal service obligation] and associated social obligations will be reformed to ensure that funding for these public interest services is secured. Within this new environment, we look forward to continuing to focus on customer service, content and innovation," he added.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.