nbn co posts $932 million operating loss, page-99

1. 10,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I think many of us agree Glug that an NBN would be good if not essential to Australia's future.

From where I sit I believe much of the issue is that the Labor Party never ever did a cost benefit analysis to show the how the plan would be beneficial to all.
    They did not ever build or present an initial business plan to the tax payer who would be funding the plan.
    It is all smoke and mirrors, no body knew, not even KRudd, Conroy or anybody else what it will really cost in the form the Labor Party aspired to, to roll out.

Labor's Stephen Conroy became possessive if not obsessive over the NBN initiative and would not enter into debates, or even accept reasonable questioning as to the viability or the costs of the NBN.

If we knew what it might really cost, if we knew..yes...this will work...without the politically based lies, spin and vote grabs; if we knew what it might really cost without the tongue in cheek guesstimate providing all planets aligned, then the support would probably be a whole lot higher than it is.

Maybe Gen Y or the generation after will enjoy some benefits of a NBN, but what I think will happen is they will all be on WIFI, and won't give a rats about some archaic system you have to plug into a wall to get any use.

The protagonists of the NBN probably won't ever see any benefits either, they will all be long gone before the thing is ever finished!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.