NBN Debacle!, page-24

1. 14,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Actually I'm finding that the NBN HFC connection is adequate for my needs.
    Pity for some of the people on the Coalition's Fibre to the node.
    They are the ones that most complaints relate to.

Anyway.......
    I'm a long way from the exchange which meant that my ADSL2+ service was on the slow side.

The NBN completed overhauling the existing Telstra HFC network in my area over 12 months ago so the existing copper fixed lines carrying the ADSL service are due to be disconnected in July this year.

I recently decided to beat the last minute rush and change over to the HFC service.

Before doing that I ran some CAT6 network cable around the house and also put in a shelf and power point so that the router would be in an optimal high position to improve the WiFi coverage.

Ordered the NBN on the 28th Jan.
    The router arrived the same week.
    On the 4th of February the NBN technician arrived as arranged checked the signal strength and plugged in the NBN box to the pre-exising F connector.
    The house already had runs of coax and a connection box on the outside wall from previous Telstra cable internet and Foxtel installations.
    Technician registered the NBN box via the cloud and I had internet within a few minutes.
    Easy peasy.

Due to the requirements of someone in the house wanting to retain the landline number the phone number was ported the next day from POTS to VOIP.

The speed I am getting is as advertised and adequate for my needs.
    Last edited by pugsley100: 18/02/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.