NTC 0.00% $1.10 netcomm wireless limited

The fixed wireless footprint was defined with cost in mind,...

1. 615 Posts.
    The fixed wireless footprint was defined with cost in mind, where FTTP was too expensive, fixed wireless was chosen and where fixed wireless was too expensive satellite was chosen. You are probably aware that the fixed wireless review revealed the need for a massive increase in cost due to higher than expected take-up rate and the missing spectrum rights. Yesterday's announcement indicates that fixed wireless will now compete with FTTN which is cheaper than FTTP so it will be FW vs FTTN instead of FW vs FTTP. This has the potential to see some shift from FW to FTTN.

I can't say whether the fixed wireless footprint will be increased, reduced or stay the same but FW is now competing with FTTN and FW costs more than originally envisaged. I am willing to change my previous post from "bad news" to be "absent of good news". You are right, the final verdict will be given in the NBN Co corporate plan.

"The advice contained in the Review is being considered by the Government and will assist in the Government's consideration of the NBN Co Corporate Plan, due to be submitted and considered later this year." Malcolm Turnball 07-May-2014.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.