nbn has just 6358 customers, page-5

1. 1,866 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    I posted this on HC approx 2 years ago (Post: 158475)

Majority are using the carbon tax as jooliars downfall. There is a lot more to her evil plans than just that. I'll touch on one of many that will bring down these clowns.

On the NBN one size fits all whether or not you want or need it. I was reading an interesting article the other day. I thought this summed it up pretty well-

"'Currently we have technologies that all ready deliver 100mb. Telstra,s cable network in Melb already achieves this. In fact, Telstra is holding off switching Sydney to 100mb as they have struck a deal with the Government with the 11 billion sweetener for them to rip out copper technology and replace with fibre that will deliver the same 100mb! In terms of wireless, a major carrier is working on 80mb. Over time, this will increase like all technologies. Spending 46 billion on fibre to deliver 100mb to the home is a complete waste of money. In fact, you will be lucky to deliver that to one major city when you consider the price per metre to every home. At the other end of the scale is the World Wide Web. Despite the greatest bandwidth delivered, you are still restricted by the source in terms of latency. Moreover, the ISP,s will love the fact that when you use up your quota the meter cuts in. Of course some ISP,s will cut you down to 64k which makes fibre useless. To put things into perspective, remember the days of dialup? Now with have ADSL, Cable and Wireless delivering adequate speeds for most people. All this was achieved without massive government (our money) funds."

Added to this that this is only in the street and not to your house, the 'speed'is only as fast as the wiring you currently have from your fence line to your house. unless that is upgraded at your expense it's redundant.

Fibre optic will still be used as a 'backbone' for the Coalition's plan however but added to a more flexible mix.
    The NBN will cost $2000 for every man woman and child whether you want it or not. IBM estimates that figure will more than likely double and be obsolete in 8 years. Pfft

A immobile (sic) white elephant.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.