TLS 0.51% $3.93 telstra group limited

Nothing has changed dude. Its not surprising that they came out...

1. 2,556 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 390
    Nothing has changed dude. Its not surprising that they came out with a report saying that trying to force TLS's hand and the June deadline. It reeks of desperation on CONroy's part.
    If you believe that they can go ahead without TLS and make a 6% profit then you'll believe anything. Just look at how well the government handled the insulation and school rooms and it will give you an idea of the true cost of building the NBN. A rough guide would be to take whatever the government says that it will cost and multiply it tenfold then you'll be closer to the real cost.
    Then there is the matter of customers,
    - some will not be bothered with moving to a more expensive network. (and yes it will be much more expensive then the current copper system)
    - some will migrate completely to a one of the existing carriers wireless system and have nothing to do with fix lines, copper or fiber. (like I did)
    - some will move on to newer wireless technologies like WiMax

For NBN to turn profitable they need every man and his dog to sign up to them and probably more then just the basic service. I'd say that the NBN is a dud with or without Telstra coming on board and the only reason Conroy is so obsessed with it is because he wants to have his name into the history books. After all he is spending the taxpayers money not his own and by the time the stupidity comes out to light he will be out of office enjoying the perks that long serving pollies do.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.93
Change
0.020(0.51%)
Mkt cap ! $45.40B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.91 $3.93 $3.89 $94.15M 24.02M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 12492 $3.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.93 2364145 32
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.