nbn petition - 189,000 sig since election ..., page-46

1. 24,507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

Dial up is all we need?

Story

15 years ago when 56Kbps was king, a decision is made to limit each household to download only one Picture and one Text email at a time. There was no reason anyone would need to download any more than that at one time.

You can only fit around 4 large pictures on a single Floppy Disk, so why would you need to download more than one at a time?

Anyway, it's not like you can see more than one picture at a time.

You can always download the picture overnight or while you cut the grass.

Dial up is all we need, we don't need to spent money on expensive equipment for that so called Broadband.

It's not like anyone will use the Internet for Business purposes.
    Who would even bother trying to advertise on the Internet or sell products on the Internet.
    Sell cars on the Internet, how ridiculous.
    Next you will be telling me that there are companies that will employ people and make money from the Internet.

Work from home using the Internet? Hello! a reality check, you don't need the Internet to work from home.

Have information at your finger tips off the Internet? It can be done now, just connect to a BBS, select what you want and download. In the morning if the download is finished, you will be able to read that information. It's not like you can do anything with the information until the next day anyway.

Pay bills on the Internet? Are you stupid, you can't put cheques or money through the modem.

Do your Banking on the Internet, didn't you just hear what I said, you can't put cheques or money through the modem.

All I can say is that you are lucky that I am planning the future for this country, otherwise you would waste all that money on expensive equipment for that so called Broadband.

THE END

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.