LYC 0.86% $6.43 lynas rare earths limited

nc in the news today, page-12

1. 191 Posts.
    Phil,

just look at the reactions:

http://www.freemalaysiakini.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14769&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Some of the replies are indeed irrational, but some are not.
    I'm just saying, that Curtis behaviour is interpreted as arrogant and therefore has caused the problems to become even worse. If he said "Hey, your concerns are correct, we do have potential problems here, there are dangers involved and I/we would like to discuss with you in full transparency, based on facts, how we face them and what we can do about them." it would have been a different thing than basically saying: Hey, we made the mistake of not communicating and underestimating your irrationality, we understand your emotions, but they are all wrong and now it's time for the facts..

There is one reply, that he could and should have avoided IMO:

"Dr Spin: Admitting your mistake is a good first step, Mr Curtis. Your next step should be to stop assuming that you know more than the local community.

Your bias that the arguments against the plant are "emotional" while your own justification is based on "facts" is insulting and no basis for progress on the issue. May I assure you that there are competent people here, outside of government, who understand the "facts" and have good cause to oppose this plant.

I do not know if you have participated in public environmental safety planning inquiries before, but I and others here certainly have, and won our cases on merit.

Having made this first rather serious mistake, and taken so long to admit to it, how many more "mistakes" should we expect? It will take much more than mistakes and insults to earn our confidence."

BTW: You guys come up with all kind of things that are untrue, please stop it. I am not on Fuziahs payroll, I have not put all my money in ARU. My basic investments are very solid. I'm holding a position in red, so what. ARU is indeed not doing any better than LYC. Their communication style is just as absurd IMO. But ARU is valued less than 1/10 of LYC most likely being further away from production, since yesterday maybe even much further away. And ARU is without a question doing a much better job integrating the 20.000 people from Whyalla and communicating with them.

regards
    Julia

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.43
Change
0.055(0.86%)
Mkt cap ! $6.005B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.45 $6.49 $6.42 $2.102M 326.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 8186 $6.42

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.43 5351 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.07am 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.