NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

True but not quite true, just look at the calls that are written...

1. 342 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    True but not quite true, just look at the calls that are written on this stock, there are a lot of calendar roll outs [ same strike price but next month or so ] just to collect the fat premiums.
    I sit my calls just under the current price [ in the money ] and aim for 30 to 40 cents per month per share of premium income, that works out roughly to $3.50 to $5.00 per share on an annual basis.

Today I rolled out 40 contracts of NCM expiring Oct @ $20.00 to Jan $ 20.00, I bought my position back at $1.555 and sold it $2.49 thats just over $0.90 for 3 months ( Nov,Dec & Jan ], so there is a decent yield obtainable on this stock with a manageable but lower risk as I am not looking for high capital gains.
    $3600 odd in the bank tomorrow [ 3 months ] , the dividend for 6 months was about $380.

Don't know your trading style or circumstances but I started about 20 years ago with the help of a broker
    and just read as much as I could find in books and on the internet.
    Why did I roll out to day and not closer to option expiry date when the time premium may be lower? with the drop in price it bought the strike closer to the current price and brought the call premium into the range that I would accept.
    Happy Trading
    Mattocks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.