NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

Dunno about a $5.00 s/p Goblin ... That seems a bit extreme....

1. 9,081 Posts.
    Dunno about a $5.00 s/p Goblin ... That seems a bit extreme. Even so, with the turmoil on global mkts, a falling gold price, the overhang of an inquiry and the possibility of lawsuits I do reckon we may see a single digit s/p before the dust settles. How far down will she go? It will probably overshoot on the downside as the panic gathers momentum and the rush for the narrow exit intensifies in a final capitulation ... A capitulation that could climax with end of FY tax loss selling.

Is the bull market in gold over? Technically, the answer is "no" ... Not yet ... But this has been (and is) a very nasty shakeout and could continue pushing gold into a long term trend reversal. But it hasn't happened yet and there are plenty who are banking (literally) on a continuation of gold's uptrend when this reversal runs its course.

So it's all a bit uncertain ... And the market hates uncertainty.

What am I going to do? I have my buy bid for NCM in the market at $8.70. NCM does have a hell of a lot of gold in the ground! If my order doesn't get filled .. no sweat. If it does and NCM continues to decline further then ... no sweat as I would have bought in at a price that, historically, I would be comfortable with.

I guess we all have to weigh the risks ... Act accordingly ..And live with the consequences.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.