NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

Hi Siamese PGreat post, well you had me walking away with my...

1. 2,978 Posts.
    Hi Siamese P
    Great post, well you had me walking away with my tail between my legs.
    Or perhaps a better acronym is you lunged and I failed to fend off and you put me flat on my arse.
    Round 1 to Siamese

But like a Pit Bull at a bone i refused to let go and challenged my thoughts to try and give SP a run for its money. So i raised my sabre yet again preparing for the on guard position and low and behold it came to me!!

I have only been following NCM over the last few weeks to a month at best and only because Rob7 ( a Red Hearter I do follow ) said it is a traders stock (and a better trader do i desire to be). So that along with waiting for my new brokerage account from an company advertised on HC. I decided to start watching its daily moves.

So in response to Siamese P post below

The fact that the NCM share price is only around 5% higher ($2) than when gold first hit US$1000 back in early 2008 (it's US$1370 now) should make it obvious that NCM share price movements have NOT been lead indicators of the direction gold is going to take that night.

I must recipricate with the following

1.I have only been following it short term as stated above, so 2008 intel obviously out of my zone of focus.

2. If Siamese had bothered to read latest threads thoroughly it would have seen majority of posters were also making comments ie NMC vs Gold daily pricing activity.NOT just BDZ!!

3. Judging by Siamese P sig he/she is heavy into gold and its research.

However if that were the case he/she would have already BEEN AWARE that NCM has indeed pegged its forward stocks/orders of Gold at US$800-900 an ounce hence its inability to continue north at the same rate as gold back in 2008 (if indeed this is correct as i havent done the intel).It was Intel I picked up just by reading NCM thread over the last month.Hence the DIVERGENCE of Gold vs NCM back in 2008. I must also say that my studies of Oscars Utubes have lead to me to witness his comments of how divergence does happen and how it can quickly cease. So judging of late I'd say 2008 intel and comparison is OUTDATED!
    So im guessing the market has now given NCM more room to move north thanks to its Lihir Gold aquisition. Or perhaps its futures contracts are expiring with new ones reflecting todays market price.
    I dont know again as a wannabe trader its not high priority compared to share price movements and analysis why, I have stated many times my running away from Fundi Analysis as its too slow and the market eats FA peoples for Breaky Lunch & Tea.

So I stick to my short term charting opinions that NCM has been a day ahead of Gold and look forward to seeing if this remains or changes as the markets are prone to do just to make us all look foolish sometime.

I hope this lunge of mine is worthy of your parrying skills and look forward to your response.
    BDZ:0
    Trying my best to keep up with a red heart poster who loves to challenge Kinda Guy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.