LYC 4.14% $7.04 lynas rare earths limited

I totally agree with your statement "there is no alternative to...

1. 7,595 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 508
    I totally agree with your statement "there is no alternative to RE for any application that RE makes possible’." A Few qualifiers are needed the biggest is (in the way that REEs do it). That is putting your thinking in a very small box. The goal is to make rotary energy from Electric power efficiently. When you take a wider view many possibilities open up. You can ask the questions are perm magnets needed at all? Magnetic coupling has been used for over 150 years. Is there a better way? Dropping Fossell fuels for Eletric has cause the motor market to grow exponentially. with that growth will come many new ideas. I have no idea which ones may win but this exciting growth will cause change. Think a little wider than the way things are done today. All sort of possibilities open up.

Will it happen right away Very unlikely. Look out a decade or two and the possibility are limitless.

do not forget right now Perm magnet motors are limited as to their max power. Tesla until the mod 3 did not use Perm mag motors for this reason.
    Today that limit has increased a lot. It is still one of the reasons that larger, faster cars have 3 and 4 perm magnet traction motors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.04
Change
0.280(4.14%)
Mkt cap ! $6.580B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.66 $7.07 $6.66 $29.97M 4.291M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35 $7.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.05 6000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.