LYC 0.39% $7.75 lynas rare earths limited

NdFeB substitution, page-5

1. 7,661 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    I also believe than Nd perm magnets will be with us for a long time and even prices many times to days will not kill them. What will kill them very quickly is supply becoming erratic or just not available. The magnetic material in an EV could go up on cost many times, and they would still use them. Disrupt production and they will be designed out quickly.

Just to give an idea of strength of perm magnet.

Magnetic field of earth. at poles 0.000032T or 32 X 10-6 T

Typical perm magnet 1.25 T strongest 1.5 T
    For hospital MRI 3.0 T For research MRI 60T. note MRI are very short duration pulses so they can be more than the continuous fields about 45 T
    Strongest Continuus electrical magnet on earth. MIT held the record for about 4 years at 45 T. Recently China passed it at 45.2 T I give both to show how hard gains are. Look at equipment for China In colliders https://newatlas.com/physics/worlds-strongest-steady-magnetic-field/

Fields many times stronger exist in colliders on earth 1~5 B T, at time of collision but these very short pulses are not included

Strongest continuous field in universe Neutron Star about 1 ~1.6 B T, So far, stronger will be found, I am sure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.