Recently I have become aware of what appears to be some abuse of...

1. 3,014 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 195
    Recently I have become aware of what appears to be some abuse of funding.

How can a recipient receive a weekend away at Seaworld Nara Resort which includes all meals , swimming with sharks ,etc., followed by a weekend away to go to a wildlife park with all accommodation and meals followed by another weekend away at a bush retreat again with all accommodation and meals included plus a night out at the Australian Outback Spectacular with special behind the scenes tour , show and dinner. During the week they go horse riding and other activities all funded by you and me !

The average person or family cannot even afford to do these activities in this time frame so how on earth is it allowed to occur under the NDIS. Take into account the cost of carers accommodation , activity entry , travel and expenses and the cost per weekend runs into thousands.

There also seems to be a practice by some of using the money of claiming for unworked extra hours to pay for "ëxtras" which are not covered by the fund. This practice seems to be usually requested by the recipient or the person managing their affairs. Honest carers refuse , however some feel forced to agree to this practice in order to retain their job with the client because they can chop and change carers as they wish.

Time Bill Shorten and co put these activities under the microscope as many involved with the NDIS seem to be taking us for a ride. This NDIS scheme is growing rapidly as the unscrupulous milk the fund for everything that it is worth.

Much tighter guidelines are required as is more conscientious scrutiny of claims !

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.