LYC 0.00% $6.74 lynas rare earths limited

@ttroyThe decoupling is inevitable.Just these four items...

1. 2,563 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1740
    @ttroy

The decoupling is inevitable.

Just these four items alone:

1. 25% Us tariffs - provides a 25% premium
    2. The EU mandate to move 35% supply away form China
    3. The real risk of stock being left on docks due to ESG (human rights and slave labour concerns of China)
    4. Covid supply issues around monopoly

If I can leave this here as an example:

If I were a car manufacturer and it cost me $50 for magnets to get a $40,000 out the door, and someone walked into my office and said I would like to supply magnets to you for $115. Would you run the risk of the above or sign up a long term contract for $115?

If Amanda has this modeled by an independent, and walked into the negotiating room, the results will speak for themselves. The shortfall in the west, due the above is modeled at 70%. Its a genuine deficit. This cannot be sourced as the juniors you mentioned, take over a decade to get up and running. Even with the known juniors and an additional 20% of juniors that soeone may suggest comes from no where. This is modeled at 70%.

Again, Amanda has all the weapons for price elasticity, it will be how she uses them. We all know what a smooth operator she has been. I read many of the active shareholders in here, ask Amanda how she is capitalising on the above. I guarantee its a work in progress.

Look at Gina's investments in Rare Earth, I guarantee the wealthiest person in Australia didnt dive into those without modeling - Looking forward that is.

To be clear:

There is now two supply chains, and each path will have its valuing system;

1. The Western path has to be at worst a 25% premium to the (manipulated) chinese spot price. FYI. This was happening regardless due to the existing flaws of that pricing, now its been expedited.

2. The Eastern path - remains for those that do not want to supply the west, or fit into the above 4 points.

Its the right time and right place for Western Rare Earth companies - long term supporters will finally get there day.
    Last edited by Birchcorp: 15/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.