LYC 0.39% $7.75 lynas rare earths limited

NdPR price, page-2459

1. 7,657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    Idid not try to put a pin in GR. I think it is good she is buyingLynas and other REE companies. Maybe not all that smart but onlytime will tell.

What I was trying to do is "put a Pin"in the idea of because a celebrity does something it is a good idea to follow. Thisis why marketing people pay so much for celebrity indorsements. Following celebrities is never a good idea. This person has used Roberts from day one as abuy signal. Never have they shown any basic research.

You say I am a down ramper do you look atanything I say? Every forecast on profits for last 18 monthshas been high. How is that down ramping? Since June of 2023my prediction of future REE prices have been high. How is that downramping? The only thing I down ramp are peoples crazy ideas of whatwill happen. I have been consistently low in my price predictions. This I will admit. This is because I keep expecting the euphoria todissipate faster. It always has. Time will tell. I take satisfaction in people like you that use labels to describe me butnever any logic. Says a lot about you.

Just for record I always give reasons for mypredictions usually numbers and statement directly from Lynas yet no one everargues with those just resort to name calling.

Look at a sine wave change it is very slow at bottom. Look at stocks like .COM and banks Recoveries are slow and long. If you want to bottom fish then go ahead but remember false bottoms are very common. For me I am very happy to mis bottom and buy when the change is clear. Lynas has been stuck at name plate since 2018. Next never lived up to AL's claims. All projects have been late and way over budget usually underprformed Vs original expectations. I will buy ( really do want to buy) when I see two things.
    REE prices recovering. This is easy to see in advance of significant REE price movement. Just watch for uses of REE to increase faster than supply is being added. China for last year has been taking actions to increase demand. Just look at latest round of subsidies for EVs. Yes they started this decline but it went way further than they wanted. Not uncommon when governments try to interfere.

Lynas has to demonstrate a real increase in production. Yes they have had lots of problems that, I know these. After taking many years to reach name plate it has been 6 years stuck at name plate. I know about the 3 water problems. I know about covid I know about MAL government problems. At some point management has to show they can anticipate and plan for problems. It is like the water problem after the first one they had a great plan for preventing future ones.

The next two problems showed they had only implemented a few of the easy fixes and done nothing to solve the big ones. Lynas market share has dropped from 14% to about 8%. The following chart shows why they are falling behind so badly. Kal Was supposed to cover for the Lamp C&L shut down June of 2023. If that had happened Lynas would be out of business. KAL output is on site but none of it has been put into lamp according to AL in Q4 CC. If you want to buy low then do it now. JMO SP will go lower before it goes up and being above $7.00 for a solid month is at least a year away. Figure out the problems and watch for them to change. Price should be low on your things to watch. Here are some charts to think about. All data from Lynas or SMM I hope charts make it clearer to you. Third chart is most important. First two just show why I think the headlines after the AR will say Lynas profits drop somewhere between 50% and 75% YOY. Right time to buy? You tell me

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6348/6348044-6f6f0e21fd6149e3aaf66da4af31cc87.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6348/6348046-4c28fdbb5ea3b7db140a6029ecbdb930.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6348/6348049-25dd723a0363e7eef71a42f18a4b0f5b.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.75
Change
0.030(0.39%)
Mkt cap ! $7.206B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.71 $7.81 $7.63 $12.03M 1.561M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6556 $7.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.77 3385 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.