LYC 1.72% $7.70 lynas rare earths limited

I was just going to ask why. May I also add my reasons why what...

1. 7,637 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    I was just going to ask why. May I also add my reasons why what you say is just smoke. % short has been between 10.5% and 11.25% from Aug 1 till to day absolutely no sudden change is shorts indicating increased activity. There was a rise starting 3 May till Aug 9th of almost 5% on the chart it looks very impressive but in change divided by days not so impressive

Today JPM became a 5 % + shareholder, right now JPM holds 48,625,542 Shares
    Half those are on loan to shorters 25,757,020
    At bottom is a full list of where all shares are held and as you can see none are for investment purposes they are for making fees.

Now go to bottom of notice and see how active there trading has been. Often multiple buys and sells in same day. Now look at a chart that shows moves in Lynas stock price. and at Shortman for changes in shorts. Not hard to figure out that if a share is not earning fees it is sold. If they need a share to loan they buy. It does not take much smarts to understand that when someone needs a share to short they buy one to loan NET CHANGE ZERO. If a shorter buys a share to cover they sell, once again NET CHANGE ZERO. Now all this is important for a day trader to understand. You have repeatably said you are a long term holder and do not even care about the next 3 to 6 months. If you understand this why do you care? JPM is not the only investment banker doing this there are several. Look up SS they are bigger than JPM.

Holder of relevant interest Nature of relevant interest (7) Class and number of
    securities
    JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A. Securities on Loan as Agent Lender 25,757,020
    (Ordinary)
    JPMORGAN ASSET MANAGEMENT (UK)
    LIMITED In its capacity as investment manager or in various other related capacities 844,207
    (Ordinary)
    J.P. MORGAN SECURITIES PLC Holder of securities subject to an obligation to return under a securities
    lending agreement
    (Ordinary)
    J.P. MORGAN SECURITIES PLC Purchase and sales of securities in its capacity as Principal/Proprietary 379,214
    (Ordinary)
    J.P. MORGAN SECURITIES LLC In its capacity as investment manager or in various other related capacities 140
    (Ordinary)
    J.P. MORGAN SECURITIES LLC Rehypothecation of client securities under a Prime Brokerage Agreement 6,248
    (Ordinary)
    J.P. MORGAN SECURITIES LLC Holder of securities subject to an obligation to return under a securities
    lending agreement
    (Ordinary)
    J.P. MORGAN SECURITIES AUSTRALIA
    LIMITED Purchase and sales of securities in its capacity as Principal/Proprietary 3,296,285
    (Ordinary)
    J.P. MORGAN SECURITIES AUSTRALIA
    LIMITED
    Holder of securities subject to an obligation to return under a securities
    lending agreement
    (Ordinary)
    J.P. MORGAN INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
    INC. In its capacity as investment manager or in various other related capacities 49,669
    (Ordinary)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.