LYC 1.02% $6.94 lynas rare earths limited

With 20+ years experience in investment, both personally and...

1. 17 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    With 20+ years experience in investment, both personally and professionally - i can tell you PE multiple is neither a determinant of success or failure. A case in point - when LYC was around $2ish a few years back - there was no PE multiple as LYC was loss making. If PE is the sole determinant of one's decision making, one would have missed the the last 2-3 years opportunity in LYC.

LYC at 49x will not deter me from buying if the investment case stacks up ... nor would i simply buy BHP at 15.5x simply because the PE is attractive. Quite simply, apart from the early 2000s when I did own BHP at one stage - i made a point that I will always never invest either in the big 4 banks or RIO/BHP (esp BHP) ~ there are a lot more better ways than to invest in these 'slow' moving monsters whose corporate red-tape meant their success is due more by chance than by sheer genuine entrepreneurship.

And take it from me - i know this from experience in the field. When one buy the major stocks - you are just buying market beta. There is nothing wrong with that if one is happy with accepting beta market returns.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.94
Change
0.070(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $6.486B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.94 $7.04 $6.88 $23.17M 3.335M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 $6.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.97 13052 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.